Slow Cooker - Cinnamon Beef Stew
- 1kg stew beef
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan salt (or similar)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 ½ litres bone broth or low FODMAP stock (Massels 7's)
- 3 carrots, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Bay leaf
- Italian parsley (optional)
- Add salt to stew beef, before cooking. Salting can be done well before cooking or right before cooking. As far as I can tell, each chef has their preferred approach, so go with what is most convenient.
- Brown the stew beef in the fat in batches, ensuring several sides get nice & browned.
- Add the browned beef to the slow cooker with the bone broth & cinnamon & bay leaf. Deglaze the pan with some of the bone broth & add this meaty mixture in, too.
- Cook 6-9 hours on low (until you get home from work).
- Add the finely diced carrots for the final 15 minutes of cooking time.
- Serve sprinkled with Italian parsley leaves