Quinoa Vegetable Corn Chowder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1/2 red pepper
- 150g chopped green beans
- 1l vegetarian stock
- 125g quinoa
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh Italian herbs (eg parsley, basil, oregano)
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- 500g frozen sweetcorn
- 250g frozen peas
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- Sauté onion, ginger and garlic in oil for five minutes. Add potatoes, red pepper and beans, then sauté for further five minutes.
- Add all ingredients except sweetcorn, peas and spring onion in a large crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
- Turn crockpot to high heat, add the frozen corn and peas and cook for another half hour.
- Stir in spring onions before serving.