Slow Cooker Lamb Shank Rogan Josh
- 200ml soured cream
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 4 whole cardamom pods, broken
- 1 (400g) tin diced tomatoes
- 250ml water
- ground nutmeg to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 3 lamb shanks
- 300g carrots, sliced
- 300g whole new potatoes, peeled
- 250g button mushrooms, quartered (optional)
- Stir the soured cream and flour together in a small bowl until smooth and set aside. In a separate small bowl, mix together the cornflour and water to make a paste.
- Combine the chilli powder, coriander, ginger, stock cubes, cardamom, tomatoes, water, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a medium saucepan; bring to the boil over high heat. Slowly add the cornflour paste to the tomato mixture, stirring constantly; simmer for 2 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and slowly stir in the soured cream and flour mixture.
- Arrange the onions across the bottom of a slow cooker, lay the shanks on top of the onions and pour the prepared tomato mixture over the meat. Place the carrots, potatoes and mushrooms on top of the sauce.
- Cover and cook in the slow cooker on High for 8 hours.