Lentil & Squash Curry
- 1 tbsp olive oil/coconut oil
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium butternut squash, unpeeled, deseeded and cubed
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 600ml (1pint) vegetable stock
- 100g dried split red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 large handful of baby leaf spinach
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of coriander, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and gently sweat the onion and garlic for around 5 minutes to soften them.
- Stir in the butternut squash and curry powder, then pour in the stock, lentils and tomatoes, and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for around an hour, stirring occasionally, to let the squash soften and the sauce reduce.
- Stir in the spinach, cover for a few minutes while it wilts, then season to taste with the salt, pepper and coriander.