Coconut & Date Balls
Serves: 12 x 1.5 inch balls
- 8 medjool dates or the more common deglet dates
- ⅓ cup coconut oil (if using the deglet dates, increase the coconut oil by 1 tablespoon)
- 1 cup coconut shreds
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ plus ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Pit the dates, cut in half and soak in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Drain the water off.
- Put dates, coconut shreds, salt, and cinnamon in a food processor (a blender will not mix this).
- Melt the coconut oil over low heat, and pour in food processor when just warmed.
- Blend the ingredients till everything is well mixed and the dates are in tiny pieces.
- Remove food processor bowl from machine then take the blade out. Take about 2 Tbs of mix at at time and roll into small, firm balls. Refrigerate for 1+ hour on a plate to solidify the coconut oil.
Alternate Shaping Method
Place blended mix in a bread-loaf size pan, and press VERY hard into a brick. Cool in refrigerator for 1+ hour, then knock the brick out and slice into bars.