A breakfast sandwich without bread
- 4 Portobello mushroom caps, stems removed and wiped clean with a damp cloth
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado, mashed coarsely with fork
- ½ large tomato, sliced
- 1 large handful rocket
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Place mushroom caps on parchment-lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bake in oven for 7 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon slices in a skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove bacon and allow to drain on a paper-towel lined plate. Add eggs to greased skillet and cook over medium-low heat until whites are set and yolks begin to thicken.
- On 2 mushroom caps, layer avocado, tomato slices, arugula, fried egg, and bacon. Top with mushroom caps.