Slow Cooker Lancashire Hotpot
- 750g (1½ lb) lean lamb cubes
- 50g (2 oz) plain flour (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 450g (1 lb) potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery stalk, sliced
- 1 carrot, cubed
- 100g (4 oz) swede, cubed
- 30ml dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon English mustard
- 1 large pinch ground nutmeg
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 400ml (15 fl oz) beef stock
- 15g (1/2 oz) butter + 1 clove chopped garlic
- Coat the lamb with flour.
- Layer the lamb and the vegetables (except the potato slices) in a slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the bay leaves, thyme, rosemary, mustard and nutmeg.
- Cover with potato slices then pour in the stock and sherry. Spread with garlic butter and sprinkle with ground black pepper.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours.