Telephone: 07732 876 746 |
Slow Cooker Chicken Pad Thai
- 1kg of chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 small bunch of green onions (for sauce and garnish)
- 1 can of coconut milk.
- 1 cup of chicken stock.
- 2 large tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 tsp of Fish Sauce.
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed and minced, or 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Salt & Pepper for seasoning the chicken.
- Chopped cashews for garnish (optional)
- Chopped coriander for garnish (optional)
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper, and a little bit of the cayenne pepper and ginger powder. If you have time, brown your chicken in a cast iron skillet to get the flavors going. This step is completely optional.
- In your crock, add your coconut milk and chicken stock. Stir well. If you are using a full-fat coconut milk, make sure you stir until the coconut milk is fully dissolved into the chicken stock.
- Add your peanut butter, soy sauce, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, 2 green onions chopped including the whites, cayenne, and red pepper.
- Stir well until your peanut butter is completely dissolved.
- Place your chicken breasts or thighs into your base liquid.
- Cook for 3.5 to 4 hours on low if you are using a 4-Quart Slow cooker.