Telephone: 07732 876 746 |
Sprouted Chickpea Hummus
- 2 cups sprouted chickpeas (1 cup dried makes 2 cups sprouted)
- 1-2 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice, to taste (start with less)
- 4 Tbsp. raw tahini or 8 Tbsp. raw, hulled sesame seeds (Optional)
- 2-4 Tbsp. ground cumin, to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4-8 cloves garlic, minced, to taste
- 1 tsp. sea salt, or to taste
- 1-2 tsp. smoked paprika or paprika, to taste
- 1/4-1/2 cup purified water
- Cover dry chickpeas in pure, unchlorinated water and soak them for 12 hours.
- Thoroughly rinse and drain chickpeas twice a day for the next 2-5 days until chickpeas have tiny sprouted "tails" that are about 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch long (No longer or they will taste bad!).
- Discard any beans that turn to mush or rot instead of sprout.
- If using, soak sesame seeds for 12 hours prior to making the hummus. Drain and rinse.
- In a food processor, blend chickpeas, sesame seeds or tahini (if using), lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, and paprika.
- Add a little pure water slowly to the processor just until you start to have a smooth, thick paste. Be slow and conservative so you don't make the hummus too runny.
- Adjust seasonings, and add salt, to taste.
- Process until thoroughly smooth and uniform in texture.
- Garnish with paprika and extra virgin olive oil and enjoy!