Bone Broth - Low FODMAP
• bones and connective tissue of 1 chicken
• 2 teaspoons sea salt
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
• 1 chopped leek (green parts only)
• apple cider vinegar
• water to cover
- Add all ingredients to the slow-cooker and add water to cover the bones by about 2”.
- Cook on low 24-48 hours, or cook in a pressure cooker for 2-3 hours.
- Let cool to room temperature (unless using immediately) and strain the liquid into airtight container(s) and refrigerate.
- A good-quality broth will form a gel in the fridge and return to liquid upon reheating. A layer of fat may form on the top, which you can scrape off and use to cook with if your chicken was organic or discard if your chicken was conventionally-raised. You can also leave it in the broth to liquefy when the broth is reheated.
- Yields 2-4 cups.