Roast Veg & Chickpea Stew
Total time: 50 mins
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 1 aubergine, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 x 400g can of chick peas, drained
- 2 x 400g can of tinned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Start by cutting up all of your vegetables into bit sized chunks, then place them in a baking tray along with the drained chick peas and a good drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper – give everything a really good mix to ensure all of the vegetables are coated then bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- While your vegetables are cooking place your tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, maple syrup, chilli flakes and another pinch of salt and pepper in a pan over a medium heat. Bring to the boil and then reduce the temperature and leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Once your vegetables and chick peas are cooked, stir them through the tomato mixture