Raw Key Lime Pie
This keeps in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 14 days.
- 2 cups raw, unsalted cashews
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/8 teaspoon himalayan sea salt
- 1 large very soft Hass avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews – soaked for min 2 hours, then drained
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup or coconut syrup
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- Pinch of himalayan sea salt
- To make the crust, add the cashews first to a medium pulp – there should still be larger pieces for crunch.
- Add the coconut, pitted dates, and sea salt to your food processor. Process until the ingredients are mixed and broken down well, and they stick together when you collect a small handful and squeeze.
- Press the crust ingredients evenly into the bottom of on oiled, 9-inch pan.
- To make the filling, throw the filling ingredients into you blender, and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling over the crust and use a spatula or inverted knife to shape the top.
- Chill the pie in the freezer for an hour, then transfer it to the fridge and let it set for another 3 hours, or overnight.
- Cut into slices and serve with some lime zest.